ELD checklist: What do you need to succeed?
Published on February 16, 2023
With the ELD mandate now in effect across Canada, there’s a lot of information to be followed to make sure your fleet is compliant. We’ve created a telematics checklist for clients to better understand what they need to be successful on the road!
- Geotab GO device
- Geotab Drive Mobile App
- Harness (if applicable)
- MyGeotab database
- Tablet or mobile device
- Mount for mobile device
- LTE compatibility
- 1-2GB of data is often sufficient. Most cell service providers offer tablet bundles or promotions**
- Operates on iOS or Android systems
- Must have a camera for DVIR
- Must be mounted within eyesight of the driver in order to see remaining drive time
*While a cell phone can be used, a tablet is preferable.
**Northern BI does not provide mobile devices.
Important details to provide for trainings
- The name of who will be the data administrator
- A comprehensive list of which vehicles will be having devices installed
This should include: VIN, license plate, and a list of drivers assigned to the vehicles
Helpful tips prior to installation
- Create a Google Play/Apple Store account to download Geotab Drive
- Open Geotab Drive app and familiarize yourself prior to the training session
- Installations need to be done and linked back to the database before training
- One person should be set up as the database administrator. We recommend this being someone who has the capability to dedicate their time to monitoring the database
Have questions about your Geotab telematics journey? Contact us today for support!